Re: strange X11 problem

Alexei Chetroi wrote:
  Hi,
  I have a very strange problem with X11. I'm running sarge with Nvidia
2 MX400. nvidia-glx is 1.0.7174-4. The problem is that my desktop
freezes, so that mouse pointer still can be mooved (like old days of
win3.11 :) but nothing is updated on the screen. If I ssh to this
machine, than i see XFree eating all cpu, and it's state, acording to
"ps -aux" is RL. What does L mean? And I cannot kill X with SaK --
system attention Key.

I think this may be your problem:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31858&page=22&pp=15&highlight=loop

The problem is described in depth there.

I can get rid of the problem by NOT doing this:
Option “RenderAccel” “true”
Option “AllowGLXWithComposite” “true”

That means invariably that access speed deteriorates. For me it means that Xorg's eyecandy is unusable.

There is as of yet no known fix, as you can see in the posts.

HTH