Re: BIND 9 Question

Glenn English a écrit :

>On Wednesday 12 October 2005 10:40 pm, Paul Johnson wrote:

>>>I betcha he also moved the zone files that RH keeps in /var/named.
>>>Debian likes them to be in /var/cache/bind.
>>>

>>You mean /etc/bind, right?  That's where they live in sid...
>>

>Debian (the sarge I just put on my server, anyway) has a cleverly
>convoluted way of configuring the name server. In /etc/bind, there's a
>file called named.conf. In it are a few zones with the files specified,
>with absolute pathnames, as being in /etc/bind.
>
>There are also a couple includes: named.conf.options and named.conf.local.
>In named.conf.options, the default zone file directory is set
>to /var/cache/bind, and "all" the zones are listed in named.conf.local
>with relative pathnames. Therefore, bind expects to find them
>in /var/cache/bind.

/var/cache/bind is the working directory of bind, it put there files for
secondary zone. The recommendation for files of master zone is to put
them in /etc/bind. See /usr/share/doc/bind9/README.Debian.gz for more
details:
While you are free to craft whatever structure you wish for servers
which need
to be authoritative for additional zones, what we suggest is that *****
you put the
db files for any zones you are master for in /etc/bind **** (perhaps
even in a
subdirectory structure depending on complexity), and use explicit
pathnames in
the named.conf file.  Any zones you are secondary for should be
configured in
named.conf with simple filenames, so the data files will end up in
/var/cache/bind.

cu