Re: Re: debian vs ubuntu and knoppix

On Oct 12 2005, Carl Fink wrote:
> One of the beauties of Free software is that one group can take the
> software base, fork off their own project, and do it their way.

And, then, merge back the good things to the original project, if that
proves to be useful.

See what has happened with mutt after the muttng fork was created. See
the same thing with Debian adopting more and more the team
maintainership of packages after Ubuntu.

I think that Ubuntu is a very, very good experiment. Many thanks to Mark
Shuttleworth. And to K. Knopper too, BTW.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/