Re: debian vs ubuntu and knoppix

Juraj Fedel wrote:

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 09:08:49PM -0400, Sam Rosenfeld wrote:
What are the major differences among the latest debian, ubuntu, and
knoppix distros?

sam

Is it possible to instal Ubuntu or Knoppix and then to cotinue
with installing packages from Sarge? (Only CD available - no
network download possible.)
Juraj
In my limited experience, I found that it is best to start with Debian net install image to get a system with minimal problems. The knoppix->debian, Ubuntu->debian etc though seem to be easy will consume more time than installing Debian from scratch.

The thing is knoppix uses packages from stable+testing+unstable and If you want to install Debian stable on a knoppix machine - Well, it is not easy for a newbie.

regards
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi