Re: IMAP and Squirelmail.

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 02:42:56AM -0400, Chuck Payne wrote:
} Hey,
}
} I need to know what IMAP program is the best and easiest to set up so I
} can Squirrel mail set up. I see Cyrus is a bit of pain.

I've had great success with courier-imap and squirrelmail. It works pretty
much as installed, except you have to set up your MTA to deliver to
~/Maildir instead of /var/mail/$USER. With exim4, all you need is

dc_localdelivery='maildir_home'

...appended to /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf, then run
/usr/sbin/update-exim4.conf (as root, of course). If you need to configure
squirrelmail (and you may not), run /usr/sbin/squirrelmail-configure; it's
pretty straightforward.

} Payne
--Greg