Re: urgent help needed no commands are running and web,database servers also not starting

i have tried with /usr/bin/vi paths also still it is giving the same problem.It is normal reboot and it didn't gave any error and everything was working

help would much appriciated

Aaron Maxwell <amax@redsymbol.net> wrote:
On Tuesday 11 October 2005 02:10 am, Radhika wrote:
> Hi,
> Yesterday i have installed kernal image 2.4.27-2-686-smp #1 and i
> have restarted it was working fine that time.Now i am not able to run
> any commands and my apache,myasql servers also not starting.

Have you tried using full pathnames for the commands? E.g., '/bin/ls'
instead of just 'ls', or '/usr/bin/vi' instead of just 'vi'.

If I understood you right, everything seemed to work fine when you
rebooted, right after the kernel upgrade. How long ago was that
reboot? Has the system been rebooted since then?

--
Peace,
Aaron Maxwell - http://redsymbol.net