Re: not All the SNMP manager

On Tuesday 11 October 2005 00:50, Cristhian Hidalgo wrote:
> Hi, I've seen you are in touch with NMS, I'm
> developing one on my own as engeneering degree
> proyect.
>
> Actually I've the porpose to assingning the work of
> NMS in the logic tier, I'm develevoping this
> application bsen on J2EE, my question is: is there an
> API I an use for this job?
>
> EJBs spec. does not permmit the use of sockets, I need
> an  OpenSource resouce.
>
> I saw you recommended net-snmp, but it is a complete
> NMS,  I need just the necessary clases for developing
> it, not a complete NMS.
>
> please, reply me
> regards.

> Correo Yahoo!
> Regístrate ya - http://correo.espanol.yahoo.com/

You might look at OpenNMS which is an open source NMS
build using Java, Tomcat and JSPs.  It fetches the data from
SNMP sources and by network scanning using standard
network protocols.  It has a little (very little) JNI code to do the
bits that Java can not access directly.

OpenNMS can be found at opennms.org.  There are Debian
packages on their site.

David