Re: webserver logfile analiser (php site)

On Monday 10 October 2005 15:57, Gabe Granger wrote:
> Does anyone have any good suggestions about good webserver logfile
> analisers.  Specfically when it comes to website written in php?
>
> I'm currently using webdruid and webalizer but these can not report
> back anything more then the fact the file.php has been accessed /
> read.  I need to be able to get more information back from the log
> analiser.  Any good suggestion would be great, many thanks.
>
> Gabe

awstats is fairly good and simple. It seems to get updates now and then so can
spot most spiders etc.

As another poster hinted at it can be a bit of a pig to set up. The setup file
is huge and fairly complex having said that though, once you have a
configuration you like on one site it's simply a matter of copy and paste for
the other sites.

Graham