Re: Semi-OT: need to fake keyboard and mouse...

Kent West wrote:

Andy Anderson writes:

Any ideas?

Just give up and plug in an old junker keyboard.

I've got one that will boot with no keyboard but insists that it must
have
a mouse.

Nnot quite elegant, but you might try plugging in a keyboard just long
enough to get past the POST, then removing the keyboard.

That will work until something better comes along.  It's a bit of
a pain since the machine is located in the basement and I don't
keep any of my spare parts down there (they are store out in my
detached garage), but the machine isn't rebooted very often, so
it should not be too much of a problem.

Still, it would be great to have something about the size of a
keyboard plug to plug in and forget...

--
Andy Anderson
Salisbury, MD, USA

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."
                                                     - Anonymous