Re: Laptop clock is localtime, system time is off

Mitja Podreka wrote:
Nate Bargmann wrote:

I use a laptop that multiboots with XP and I just set up a second hard
disk for it with Sid installed.  As a result, the hardware clock is set
to local time and I can't seem to change Sid's mind on this.
How often do you use XP? I also have a dual boot, and my time and date is always messed up when I come back to Debian. I didn't try to fix this, since it is XP problem and not Debian. One solution I guess is not use XP :-)

Yep! That's what I did a couple of years ago. The clock probs disappear and you find out you don't really need XP at all.