Re: Debian Compatable UPS?

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
On Sat, 08 Oct 2005, Marty wrote:
I've never heard of "power surge insulators," and a web search turns up
nothing.  Are these specific to serial connections?  Could you supply more
information and maybe some web site links?

I have no idea how they are called commercially in english.  I will do a
search and see if I can find one in english.

In the meanwhile, please try "serial line surge supressor" or maybe "surge
protector"...

I found this on the APC web site:

http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=AP9825#

You have to dig a little deeper for the price:

http://tinyurl.com/a65bu

And it only costs $209.99!  What a bargain!  Only a little more than what
I paid for the UPS!