Re: Install Thai Languange

On (08/10/05 07:29), Theekapun Charoenpong wrote:
> Dear Debian User
> My name is Mr. Theekapun Charoenpong. Thai.
> I have some question to ask you about how can I debian
> support Thai Language? Please explain step by step.
> And How can I install the debian.
> Looking for your answer.
> Thank you so much
> Theekapun

I just checked the installer and it doesn't have Thai as an option but
many other languages including Vietnamese and Chinese.  If you can
understand sufficient English or one of the other languages to get you
through the install, you should be able to install Thai language support
afterwards.

In terms of documentation, start here
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/

It's also worth doing a google search on:

debian thai howto

There is no single source of information and it will require some
research on your part.  Debian is created, developed and supported by
volunteers around the globe; the debian-user mailing list is a good
source of help and information but it is worth reading this first:

I hope this is enough to get you started.  If it all seems a bit
confusing, you could consider installing a Debian derived distribution such
as Ubuntu or Kubuntu, both of which have 'live' cds which means you can
try them out on your computer before you install.  I personally prefer
kubuntu because it has the KDE desktop but opinions vary.

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...