Re: Q: Setting up mysql

Michael Peek wrote:

I'm trying to set up mysql-server-4.1.  (Actually, I'm trying to write a
script that will do this for me...)
Why bother?
"apt-get install mysql-server" command will (already did) take care of everything!

I can connect using mysql -u root -- at least I think I can:

 # mysql -u root
 Your MySQL connection id is 26 to server version: 4.1.11-Debian_4sarge2-log

 mysql>

When you get the above text in console then you are already logged in and can sart to type MySQL queries.
For managing users and passwords check MySQL manual
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/user-account-management.html

--
Mitja Podreka
http://mitja.kizej.net