Re: Inspiron TrackStick - How to disable?

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 02:06:30PM -0700, Curtis Vaughan wrote:
> I have a Dell Inspirion 4000 that has both a trackstick (I think that's
> what it's called), as well as a touchpad. I really need to disable the
> trackstick somehow. Can anyone tell me how to do that? Or where to look?

Perhaps the touchpad and the stick can be addressed by different device
names like /dev/input/mouse0 and /dev/input/mouse1.  If those devices
exist, find out which one is the stick by typing "cat /dev/input/mouse0"
and moving the stick or touching the touchpad; if nothing happens, try
"cat /dev/input/mouse1". Then, in /etc/X11/xorg.conf you can replace
"/dev/input/mice" with the touchpad device name.

--
You would if you could but you can't so you won't.