Re: boot stalls on ntpdate [was bootlog, control of modules]

On 10/3/05, Edward J Shornock <ed@crazeecanuck.homelinux.net> wrote:
> Edward J. Shornock wrote:
>
> A moot point now...
>

> sysvinit (2.86.ds1-4) unstable; urgency=low
this is great, thank you.  I now have bootlogd running!  (found htis
out when I finally had an opportunity to reboot,  bit of a stressful
weekend).  COmmenting out a bunch of modules helped my problems,
thanks much for that help folks.

I notice now that bootup is stalling on ntpdate.  Here's what I see on
bootlog...
Tue Oct  4 21:13:32 2005: Running ntpdate to synchronize clockError :
Temporary failure in name resolution
Tue Oct  4 21:14:12 2005: .
so it hangs for about a minute.  I assume that the internet connection
has not been brought up yet when ntpdate is run... any suyggestions
what I should do?  The init script for ntpdate is currently
/etc/rcS.d/S51ntpdate, which i think is the default.

thanks!

matt