Mozilla-mail message-list pane not updating

Sometimes, when I switch from one folder to another the message list pane does not update to show the messages in the new folder. It still shows the messages from the previous folder. If I go to another folder it will usually update the pane. Then I can go to the folder that I want and it will update properly. It does not seem to matter which folder I am moving from, or to. Nor which folder I bounce to in between. Everything works, eventually, but it is a nuisance. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

BTW, I am using Mozilla Debian Package 1.7.8-1sarge2 and the file in my /var/cache/apt/archives is date Sept. 7, 2005

Marc Shapiro