Re: playing midi with timiditySOLVED

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005, debian wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 03:00:51AM -0700, Seeker5528 wrote:
> > Since the script tells timidity to create an audio file from the midi
> > then uses play to play back the audio it just seems odd that it would
> > be an issue with timidity.
>
> I pulled the source down from the timidity home page and compiled it with alsa support.

The timidity in debian is supposed to have working alsa support. Heck, I use
it...  It is supposed to have both alsa output driver support (play to an
alsa device), and alsa *sequencer* support (which is what -iA enables).

Debian timidity alsa-sequencing by default uses -iA -B2,8 -Os as
paramenters. It is controlled by /etc/default/timidity and
/etc/init.d/timidity.

  Henrique Holschuh