Re: WiFi Problems (It doesn't work properly)
- To: debian users <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: WiFi Problems (It doesn't work properly)
- From: "David R. Litwin" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 17:51:23 -0400
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "David R. Litwin" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
In the continuing saga to try to get my WiFi to work, I have notived some thing interesting: iwconfig says that the mode is managed, as does KWiFi Manager. But, iwlist (when I do ath0 scan) says that it is master. Could this be what is causing the internet troubles (id est, that most pages take a very long time to load if they do at all. Incidentally, using GTK Gnutella gives me an instant connection.)?
I tired moving to dhcpcd from dhclient; things seem to be slightly worse, if any thing at all.
I'm not sure about the DNS situation. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place to find it.?
Thank you kindly, as always.
(My appologies if this comes in multiple times: It's a fault of precisely what we're trying to solve!)
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—My hover-craft is full of eels.
—[...]and that's the he and the she of it.