Re: Is there some openoffice2 packages for Sarge somewhere ?

On Saturday 01 October 2005 03:45, jjluza wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to install OpenOffice.org2 on Debian Stable.
> After a lot of research I don't succeed in finding such packages.
> Do you know if there are somewhere ?
> Thanks.

I dl the tar.gz file from OOo.org.  There is a howto on the site for
converting the enclosed rpm's to .deb files, use 'alien'. These have worked
great on my Sarge box. Install to /usr/local and do symlinks
to /usr/local/bin.
--
Greg Madden