Re: apache2 mod_perl sarge not working

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 05:33:16PM -0700, mdmarek@gmail.com wrote:
> I am trying to get mod_perl working on my Debian Sarge box. I have
> installed the libapache2-mod-perl2 and its dependencies via Synaptic.
>
> My /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/perl.load file has the following:

> LoadModule perl_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_perl.so
> PerlModule Apache2
>
> <Location /home/marek/public_html/perl >
>   SetHandler  perl-script
>   PerlHandler ModPerl::Registry
> </Location>

you probably want <Directory /home/marek/public_html/perl>, not
<Location ...>.  The Location directive is referring to URL-paths (i.e.
the request as sent by the browser), while <Directory> is referring to
physical file-paths as mapped internally by the webserver.

See here for the details:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#location
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#directory

Have fun mod_perl'ing!