Re: Webserver mirroring or web cluster tools

On Friday 30 September 2005 05:11 pm, Radhika wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   We are going to host the webserver for our ISP and we need to install
> high availability.So is there any free webcluster software`with more
> reliability and good performance or free mirroring software to
> configure this.I am planning to install this on debian linux.

if you want active/passive type cluster (HA, not load-balanced), use
'heartbeat' and 'stonith' and use apache on the machines.

if you can make do with non-realtime replication of your web files, use rsync.
if you need realtime replication, look into the kernel module drbd. use
module-assistant to help you compile/install it if compiling kernels is not
your thing. drbd is a 'RAID over TCP/IP' and has been working quite well for
me.

for a web server, use apache of course. configure it identically on both
machines. etc..

- anoop.