Re: Checking `bindshell'... INFECTED (PORTS: 3049)

Yes, and if you can connect something is listening on that port. Press enter a few times to see if you get a message from it then. The netstat command should show you what is listening on that port but rootkits often hide themselves from netstat, ps and such. So if it is open and it doesn't show up whith netstat and such you likely have a rootkit installed on your system. Probably the best way to get rid of the rootkit/hacker is reinstalling your os.

Regards,

Ben