Re: How to list all files that are going to be installed when doing "apt-get upgrade"?

Anyone please?

It seems to me this can be done with regular expressions.

Thanks

Regards,

Ben

On 9/27/05, Sonixxfx <sonixxfx@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I would like to know how I can list all files that are going to be installed when I update my Debian system with apt-get upgrade.

I know how to list the packages that are going to be installed, like with "apt-get -s upgrade" or "apt-show-versions -u", but I would like to know which files included in these packages are going to be installed. I have tried "grep" when doing "apt-get -s upgrade" and "apt-show-versions -u", and thought of piping the output trough "dpkg -L", but my knowledge is too limited for this.

I want to use the listing together with aide.

So does anyone knows a command or commands that can achieve this?

Thanks for your help

Regards,

Ben