Re: GRUB bootloader issue

Mike S wrote:
> Did you mount /boot first?

umm, no, I don't recall so. I jotted down the steps I took and mounting
/boot doesn't appear in those. My method worked properly on a laptop
which had Ubuntu and WinXP and my friend has lost Grub after installing
Windows. Got grub after following the steps I listed below. In his case
however, IIRC there was no separate partition for /boot -- so this may
be necessary after all.

->HS