Re: For GNU benefit?

Alvin Oga wrote:
On Wed, 28 Sep 2005, Ali Al-Awami wrote:

I was employees with a startup company that got out of IT business
really fast,
 Beside 20 new IBM PCs one of the left over is Online dedicated server,

Fedora Core2, 3GH CPU, 120 GB Hard disk, 500GB monthly traffic, very
secure network availability 99.99% guaranteed
ftpPro , apache, php, perl, python and mysql are installed

For the last 2 months, the server was ideal, 10 months left (we got it
for 1 year)
Any suggestions how can I make GNU community make use of this? Tell the
expiration date of the service.

lots of projects would like to get their paws on it
and/or other non-profits including the red-cross

and what happens to the machines after the 10mon ??
	- is there a buyout clause

no, simply  left over
	- is it owned free and clear

leased for 12 months
	- is there monthly lease payments

no,  for the next 10 months
where is the machines
USA / Arizona / Scottsdale
after seeing wht we've seen in the past...
a better approach would be give devlopers free access
to the resources ... and you/we continue the maitenance
and backups and security etc, etc, etc

who , how / most impotent it is only available for 10 months
there's not a good reason to convert good *nix boxes
back to crashing windoze or that it winds up in somebodys house
instead of the original non-profit

c ya
alvin

Thanks