ViewCVS w/ NFS-Mounted Repository

[sarge]

I can't get the 'viewcvs' package to work.  I *think* I properly
edited the configuration file (only changed the "cvs_roots" option).

The repository is in an NFS-mounted directory on another machine.

Though I can see the documentation page (localhost/viewcvs) and can
use file:// to view the contents of the repository with 'firefox',
using localhost/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ always gives me an error page
containing:

   An Exception Has Occurred

   cvs not found!
   The wrong path for this repository was configured, or ...

   <Python traceback deleted.>

Another "data point":  if I use the default /var/lib/cvs, it works
fine.  The problem is getting the same functionality on the NFS-
mounted repository ...

Unrelated questions: what does the viewcvs-query package provide?

Thanks for any ideas!

--
Prof Kenneth H Jacker       khj@cs.appstate.edu
Computer Science Dept       www.cs.appstate.edu/~khj