pointer for home networking

I've had a look about but can't find a basic guide to setting up a home
network. There seems much discussion of 'deeper' stuff but I'm stymied for
setting up my first home Debian/Linux network.

I've a computer that did have Internet connection via ethernet to a modem
router. It's now connected to Internet by a USB modem.

I've a second computer with an ethernet card.

So all I want to do is connect the latter to the former such that both can
access the Internet...

All pointers to (simple) (online) (Debian specific) references most welcome!

Thanks, Michael