Re: Someone is breaking etch (testing)?

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 11:08:55AM -0500, Jason Clinton wrote:
> On Monday 26 September 2005 12:15 am, Marc Wilson wrote:
> > Gee, what about by just NOT upgrading the box TODAY?  Oh, that's right...
> > people die or something if they don't update the installed packages every
> > twenty-four hours.
>
> I am reporting the issue.

No, you're describing how you went to great lengths to special-case your
box to allow a partial upgrade.  You are indeed part of the group that
thinks they're going to die if they can't instantly upgrade the box
whenever they like.

> Why are you always such a troll?

When did disagreeing with the clueless majority automatically make someone
a troll?

From Jargon File (4.3.1, 29 Jun 2001) [jargon]:

  troll 1. v.,n. [From the Usenet group alt.folklore.urban] To utter a
     posting on {Usenet} designed to attract predictable responses or
     {flame}s; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase "trolling for
     {newbie}s" which in turn comes from mainstream "trolling", a style of
     fishing in which one trails bait through a likely spot hoping for a
     bite.

Sorry, my posts don't qualify.  You may disagree with my position on any
number of topics, but don't *ever* insinuate I don't actually belive as I
say.

--
 Marc Wilson |     Play Rogue, visit exotic locations, meet strange
 msw@cox.net |     creatures and kill them.