Re: Printer

On 9/25/05, Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:
A lot depends on whether or not the PSC 750 is well-supported under
Linux; a lot also depends on whether Windows is sharing the printer via
smb or via standard lpr/lpd. If smb, you'll also have to
install/configure a minimal Samba setup on your Linux box; if standard
lpd/lpr, you shouldn't have much trouble. "apt-get install cupsys"
followed by pointing your browser to http://localhost:631/admin should
get you started.
For me the problem is slightly different. I have configured and can print in firefox. But when I try to see printers in control center|peripherals|printer I get the message couldn't find any printer. I can't print frm any kde apps. What to do?

--
L.V.Gandhi
http://lvgandhi.tripod.com/