Re: Spumux does not work

Ted Flamouropoulos wrote:
> All,
>
> I have a recent problem with spumux in trying to multiplex subtiltes into a movie file. Apparently spumux does not recognize the subtitle images in the directory. I can open and look at the subtitles using a viewer, so the images are not the problem.
>
> I am not sure whether the current oustanding bugs in the dvdauthor or imagemagick  packages address the problem, does anybody have some advice?
>
> I am running testing/etch  with imagemagick (6.0.6.2-2.4) and dvdauthor (0.6.11-2)
>
> Here is what I get when I run the command...
>
> theo@pyrama:~/dvd_collection/$ spumux sub.xml < movie_remux.mpg > movie_final.mpg
> DVDAuthor::spumux, version 0.6.11.
> Build options: gnugetopt magick iconv freetype fribidi
> Send bugs to <dvdauthor-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
>
> INFO: Locale=en_US
> INFO: Converting filenames to ISO-8859-1
> ImageMagick: Unable to load file (sub00000.png).
> WARN: Bad image,  skipping line -1
> ImageMagick: Unable to load file (sub00001.png).
> WARN: Bad image,  skipping line -1
> ImageMagick: Unable to load file (sub00002.png).
> WARN: Bad image,  skipping line -1
> ImageMagick: Unable to load file (sub00003.png).
> WARN: Bad image,  skipping line -1
> ImageMagick: Unable to load file (sub00004.png)
>  :
>  :
>  :
> etc...

You're not alone.

I'm making DVD menus with spumux and noticed the menu elements don't
show up.

I got this line in the output while creating a menu.mpg file.
> spumux menu.xml < menu_background.mpg > menu_final.mpg
ImageMagick: Unable to load file (menu_highlighted.png).
WARN: Bad image,  skipping line -1

So is this an issue the w/spumux (dvdauthor) or ImageMagick build in
testing?  I'm still just a newb w/Debian, but my guess is the issue is
with the dvdauthor build in testing as the version of ImageMagick hasn't
changed between stable and testing (I'm running testing), but the
dvdauthor build is newer in testing (stable: 0.6.11-1; testing:0.6.11-2)
http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?version=all&subword=0&exact=0&arch=any&releases=all&case=insensitive&keywords=dvdauth&searchon=names

I tried to get the stable build installed again, but to no avail.
I tried:
> apt-get -t stable install dvdauthor
(and it installed 0.6.11-2, not 0.6.11.1)

And this:
> apt-get install dvdauthor=0.6.11-1
E: Version '0.6.11-1' for 'dvdauthor' was not found

I'm at a loss.
Eric P