Spumux does not work

All,

I have a recent problem with spumux in trying to multiplex subtiltes into a movie file. Apparently spumux does not recognize the subtitle images in the directory. I can open and look at the subtitles using a viewer, so the images are not the problem.

I am not sure whether the current oustanding bugs in the dvdauthor or imagemagick  packages address the problem, does anybody have some advice?

I am running testing/etch  with imagemagick (6.0.6.2-2.4) and dvdauthor (0.6.11-2)

Here is what I get when I run the command...

theo@pyrama:~/dvd_collection/$ spumux sub.xml < movie_remux.mpg > movie_final.mpg
DVDAuthor::spumux, version 0.6.11.
Build options: gnugetopt magick iconv freetype fribidi
Send bugs to <dvdauthor-users@lists.sourceforge.net>

INFO: Locale=en_US
INFO: Converting filenames to ISO-8859-1
ImageMagick: Unable to load file (sub00000.png).
WARN: Bad image,  skipping line -1
ImageMagick: Unable to load file (sub00001.png).
WARN: Bad image,  skipping line -1
ImageMagick: Unable to load file (sub00002.png).
WARN: Bad image,  skipping line -1
ImageMagick: Unable to load file (sub00003.png).
WARN: Bad image,  skipping line -1
ImageMagick: Unable to load file (sub00004.png)
 :
 :
 :
etc...