Re: POP & SMTP

Sean Whitton wrote:
Hi,

I'm a newbie and I need to set up a complete mail server, POP and SMTP, on a
Debian box.

Help!

There are a variety of opions including postfix, sendmail, exim4 (Sarge/Woody default) courier and more. Try "apt-cache searh mta" or have a look at http://packages.debian.org/

I use postfix, maildrop, clamav and courier-IMAP for my setup if it is any help.

Apart from stating that you need a mail server you don't really provide much information, I'd suggest you read some various HOWTO's (eg google: "mail server linux OR debian") to get a better idea of what you need/ what your options are.

Note: I'm not subscribed, so please don't reply to the list!
Keeping replies on list may help others in the future. I suggest you subscribe to the list.

HTH,
Brett