Re: Jabber

Fred OGrady Said:
On the same line, I installed the jabber server on my box. Now what? I know I need a client, but I can't figure out what to "aptitude install" for a jabber client. I run gaim, for internet chat, but that doesn't have anything to do with my jabber server. can anyone fill me in?
You don't need anything. Gaim *is*a jabber client. So to connect to your jabber server you use your hostname or 'localhost' as the server. But, if you could not figure that out yourself, you may want to rethink running a jabber server, and just use one of the existing ones like jabber.org. Again you should be able to to gaim for that.
--

Fred OGrady
("Linux+ Certified Technician" - whoda thunk - better not show this <g>)