OpenVPN & NFS problems

Hi,
I just switched to Debian 3.1 (Sarge) and I'm using NFS over an OpenVPN connection. There seem to be some problems with this though. When booting, the mounting of NFS drives seems to occur before the OpenVPN connection is made. This causes the system to hang during boot-up. Fail-safe mode also hangs at the same problem. I was able to boot again after editing my fstab from an old Slackware installation.
I see three issues here:
1. An unavaillable NFS share shouldn't cause the system to hang.
2. OpenVPN should always be started before the system tries to mount NFS shares. 3. Although some people might need NFS in fail-safe mode, it might not be a good idea to always assume people want NFS in safe mode.

Should (some of) these be reported as bugs in the Debian bugsystem?
Does anyone have a similar issue and have a good solution for this, since I now need to manually mount my NFS shares after boot-up.

Thanks in advance,
Julius