Re: Deskop performance

Jon Dowland schrieb:
> could shed some ATA/SCSI lld fat I expect). If you are confident enough,
> patch in inotify and use gamin instead of famd (assuming you are going
> to have famd on your desktop - most likely).

This won't help, as the Debian packages have disabled inotify support.
It's nevertheless easy to build your own inotify enabled gamin packages.

Cheers,
Michael

E-Mail: biebl@teco.edu
WWW: http://www.teco.edu/

TecO (Telecooperation Office) Vincenz-Priessnitz-Str.1
University of Karlsruhe 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany