Re: Backing up installed packages.

On torsdag 22 september 2005, 20:57, R. Clayton wrote:
> I would be interested in hearing opinions and suggestions about a
> general approach to backing-up and reconstituting package archives,
> as well as opinions and suggestions about the particular approach
> I've outlined above.

I haven't actually used it for anything, but I regularly do
dpkg --get-selections > get-selections-2005-09-22.txt

You should then be able to restore the system with
dpkg --set-selections < get-selections-2005-09-22.txt

if needed. I think, since I never had to restore.

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Programmer / Astrophysicist / Ski-orienteer / Orienteer / Mountaineer