Re: Want to set apt pin-priority lower for none debian sites

Florian Sukup wrote:
I had the same problem with Ubuntu packages trying to upgrade unstable packages and put

Package:*
Pin: origin "ubuntu"
Pin-Priority: 100

in my preferences file so they will only install if they are the only version of that package available e.g. mplayer-amd64 is not in debain proper so it is installed.

AFAIK this will only work if the 'origin' flag is set on the package from linex.

Thank you for the hints. I discovered that you have to look into the Release file of the repository. There you find things like origin, label, etc. Concerning the linex site: I couldn't access the Release file with a browser, I don't know the exact url, but I could filter it as release c=linex.

Unfortunately it all depends on the owner of the repository. I would prefer to depend it on the site address, since this is real.

Florian.

I opened it with kwrite, unfortunately its origin is 'debian' so I dont think this will help :) The confusion is being cused by the fact that this site still has sarge as testing!

You could try pinning the packages you want to hold at earlier versions using

Package: mozilla*
Pin: version 1.0.4*
Pin-Priority: 1001

other than that I'm out of ideas.