Re: Trouble Disabling orinoco Modules in Favor of hostap Modules on Boot

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:33:28 -0700
Jeff Stevens <jeff@mossycup.com> wrote:

> /etc/discover.d/hostap-utils:
> # Blacklist orinoco_*, they load instead of HostAP
> # for Intersil Prism 2/2.5/3.0 hardware
> skip orinoco_pci
> skip orinoco_cs
> skip orinoco_plx
> skip hermes
>
> However, something else is loading the modules.  The driver is being
> loaded earlier in the boot process than discover runs.  How do I prevent
> this?

Did you look at /etc/modules to see if the orinoco drivers are listed
there. The /etc/modules file is processed before discover runs giving
them priority over the ones that discover prefers to load.

For modules you want loaded during the boot process this provides a
simple mechanism to list modules you want loaded in addition to or
instead of the ones loaded by discover.

Later, Seeker