Re: Debian Compatible UPS?

lol.

Now U'r talking.
Pull a rear wheel and attach a belt to a generator, use that generator for
making the electricity in the building with the linux boxes. If you can get
it just right, given that LINUX is in the middle somewhere this might just
morph into a perpetual energy machine!!!

At 01:41 PM 9/20/2005 -0400, Angelo Bertolli wrote:
>Craig M. Houck wrote:
>
>>The more I think about this the more I think using car batteries for this
>>is a tad dangerous, sealed, old-school with caps, no spill batteries, etc
>>no matter the type/style. Chemically created energy in a thin walled box is
>>not to be played with, particularly when it sits ideal a lot. When in a car
>>they are 'exercised' regularly. Sitting in the situation described here
>>they will be doing nothing. Much like dry-cells, I have seen car batteries
>>that experience a chemical breakdown when they just sit.
>>

>I guess the best solution is to be using them constantly.  Maybe hook up
>an alternator, and maybe a car engine... ;)

RbtBotL
Craig - ><>

 o    BU SysAdmin
/|\  607 777 6827