Re: Experiences with LSI / Adaptec cards

On tirsdag 20 september 2005, 08:34, David Harrison wrote:
> I've been googling around to find out which HW RAID cards work best
> with Debian and from what I can see the LSI cards seem to do best.

I recently went through the same thing, but probably with a different
objective than you, I just wanted a cheap thing on my desktop.

Allthough it doesn't seem to mention the cards you listed, I found
http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html
to be very interesting.

As for HW RAID, I found that 3ware seems to be the thing. Actually, I
recommend looking in the documentation of the kernel source. I found
that an interesting resource too... :-)

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Programmer / Astrophysicist / Ski-orienteer / Orienteer / Mountaineer