Re: Debian Compatable UPS?

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:40:42 +0200, Jared Hall <jrhall@gmail.com>
wrote:

> My backup network will only use a laptop and a desktop, and shouldn't
> ever suck more than 300 watts.  I'm looking for a cheap UPS with a usb
> connection that is compatable with Debian.
>
> I guess all I really need is a link to a good website.  Google has not
> been very helpful.  All I get is advertisment after advertisment, when
> all I really want is to know how to find a Debian compatable UPS.
>
> Maybe let me know what you all are using. Please help me navigate the
> sea of UPS.

There's another discussion active here, more or less same subject -
might be interesting for you.

My own server (which uses only about 35Watt) has an APC Back-UPS
CS-500 UPS, connected via USB. Debian compatible by using the apcupsd
package. I get about 45 minutes of runtime before automatic shutdown.

--
Matthijs
vanaalten@hotmail.com