Re: Qlogic Fibre Channel Controller

Hi Nick!

Nick <n@wyzo.net> wrote on 19.09.2005 20:58:30:

> Hello, I was curious if anyone has installed and/or has any
> documentation or materials regarding
> the installation of a qlogic 2340 HBA on a debian box. We would like to
> connect some debian hosts
> to a SAN in the near future. Is this a pretty straight forward
> installation? Or will I be required to recompile
> the kernel etc?

just install the rpm-files by using alien. This worked for me on a debian sarge box with 2.4.x (sorry, I do not really remember which one). AFAIR there are no debian packages by qlogic, but try a newer kernel (2.6.x should have some qlogic-modules). Maybe you have to recompile the kernel, if you want to use some of those...

> Any help or resources would be greatly appriciated.

I just took the software, which came with the cards and used it to connect two boxes to a SAN.

> Thank you in advance.

Your welcome ;-)

hth,
Andy