cannot run QT tutorials

hi, this problem is not really Debian related, but i know some of you guys use QT so you might help me..

i've got QT version 3.3.4 installed on my Debian system. i also installed qt3-examples. i cannot get to run them because i get "Some of the required modules (full-config) are not available." when running make in the main "tutorial" folder or "Some of the required modules (small-config) are not available." in each tutorial's folder..
what can i do about this?
thanx
--
miso