Re: resolvconf not working?

On Sun, 2005-09-18 at 13:00 +0200, Michelasso wrote:
Hello everybody,
I am using resolvconf 1.33 from sid; I have modified
/etc/network/interfaces adding to the static configuration
of eth0 this line:
dns-nameservers 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.2

where 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 are the ip address of two nameservers I can use in my lan. If I am not wrong in this
way when I
do an 'ifup eth0' resolvconf should automatically add the two nameservers to /etc/resolv.conf
I'm not familiar with the dns-nameservers directive, but perhaps it is intended to indicate a selection of entries in /etc/resolv.conf rather than actively creating the entries.

-davidc
--
gpg-key: http://www.zettazebra.com/files/key.gpg

I could be wrong, but as far as I know, the dns-nameservers is not a valid declaration for /etc/network/interfaces, at least I couldn't find it in the interfaces manpage. If the nameserver addresses are static, you don't need the resolvconf package. All you have to do is set up /etc/resolv.conf.