Re: Overwhelmed newbie

Oliver Lupton wrote:

Kent West wrote:

Once you have an Internet connection, you're good to go. Most
applications you want are available from the official Debian
repositories, and it's generally these versions you'll want to install,
especially as a newbie. Opera, however, not being "F"ree (although it is
"f"ree), is not available from the Debian repositories. Might I suggest
Firefox?
In my experience, Firefox's memory usage is somewhere similar or above the total RAM in his system, though that may just be something messed up by me.

The repositories contain "Dillo" which loads up pretty fast--haven't checked the memory usage though.