Re: Gnome 2.10 going in to etch today

On Sat, 2005-09-17 at 22:34 -0700, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 12:27:07AM -0400, David Clymer wrote:
> > Perhaps he's saying 'apt-get' and meaning 'dpkg'
>
> Thank you, but unlike most users of unstable today, I do actually know the
> difference between the two.

To be honest, I figured you did. It's just that your apparent rigidity
and aggressive defensivness make you so temptingly trollable**...please
forgive my weakness. ;o) Anyway, I'm done. I won't bait you anymore.

** trolling is bad. kids, dont do this at home.

> I also know the difference between a low-level tool written as a
> demonstration of a library (apt-get), and a management tool such as
> dselect, synaptic, or aptitude.

Apparently I don't. If a tool is used to manage the installation/removal
of packages, dependancies, etc. I see it as a package management tool.
Saying that it is "lower level" than tool X and therefore _not_ a
managment tool seems like a fairly arbitrary and/or subjective
assessment rather than one that is rational (is x86 AT&T assembly not a
programming language because it is "lower level" than python?). Perhaps
you've just not elaborated enough for me to understand what it is that
you are basing that judgment on.

-davidc

--
gpg-key: http://www.zettazebra.com/files/key.gpg