Re: Is ASUS A8V Deluxe OK for Linux?

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 22:50 +0200, Dirk wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm planning to buy a ASUS mainboard with the following chipset:
>
> Chipset 	VIA K8T800Pro and VIA VT8237
>

> It's the A8V-Deluxe
>
> Does anyone know if this MB has problems with Linux (or the other way?)
My housemate has the A8V SE Deluxe (a little more bells&whistles I
guess, but the same chipset ect) and a 3200+ Athlon64.  He runs Gentoo
on it, all works well.  Don't have any firewire devices to test the
onboard firewire interface though, but from what I've read the VIA
firewire controller does work.

Hans