problem writing udev rules

Hi

I'm having a problem writing a udev rule for my printer, I want it to
always be setup as /dev/optra and have the following rule in
/etc/udev/rules.d/010-udev.rules

BUS="usb", SYSFS{serial}="6033190", NAME="%k", SYMLINK="optra"

where the 6033190 is the serial number given by sysfs.  This rules
used to work, but I've noticed recently that the /dev/optra symlink is
no longer being setup. This is with udev-0.70-1 and
linux-image-2.6.12-1-k7 on sid

If I change the device of the printer in cups to /dev/lp0, the device
that udev assigns my printer then cups refuses to print with a "Media
Tray Empty!" error, there is paper in the media tray.

This is using the Vendor PPD.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Adam