Re: Common Users And Passwords For Multiple Computers

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 08:38:33AM -0700, John wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to set up a about half a dozen linux boxes for my company.
> I wanted to know how I can set one machine to maintain an user and
> password list that would be accessible to all of the computers.

NIS and NFS would certainly do the job.

> Or alternately, my company does run a windows domain, can have have the
> linux boxes check with the domain server for user authentication?

Yes.  At school we have a network with mixed Windows and Linux and the
Linux boxes (FC2) are installed with Samba, which is configured to bind
to the Active Directory.  However, you will need to Google some
information on how to do that.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez