Re: readpst

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 08:37:15AM -0400, Stephen R Laniel wrote:
> I've just been handed a couple of Outlook PST files to
> convert to any other usable format. I installed readpst,
> but it really didn't get anywhere with the PSTs that I have.
> Instead I got the sequence of errors below. It may be
> because the PSTs are a very recent version; I know very
> little about these files, so that may very well be.
>
> Openpst created a whole set of email folders, and apparently
> named them all correctly, but dropped a lot of messages. Has
> anyone gotten PST-to-mbox conversion to work, using any tool
> at all?

AIUI, the best route to get Outlook mail to something useable is:

1. Install Netscape/Mozilla Suite on Windows machine
2. Import Outlook mail
3. Export or take Netscape/Mozilla mail directory over to *nix
4. Open up in Netscape/Mozilla on *nix or use directly as mbox

Some Google searching may yield a more detailed recipe.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto